Banned IP

If you feel your ban was uncalled for. Let us know why.
MLS-ALF

Banned IP

Post by MLS-ALF »

I was playing Remagen this evening when Unreal IP Banned me. I shot Unreal with a M1 then shot Rangertech, and then returned fire killing Unreal again. Spawn killing's rather moot because they renders you invincible. I wasn't chatting either, neither on the previous map, Destroyed Village. KimboSlice and Pacrat007 were also playing, and might be able to confirm all of this if the game logs don't. I'm locked out of my other forum profile so I created this one. Thanks.
MLS-ALF

Re: Banned IP

Post by MLS-ALF »

7th Army, FODishee, Roycen, covid-UKRAINE, Acrocris, UnarmedSoldier were also playing…
MLS-ALF

Post by MLS-ALF »

I looked through the available logs in console & didn't see any sort of messages or warnings that might have precipitated such an IP Ban. Excuse the 3 messages, just trying to capture what happened before I close everything & carry-on. Regardless of the outcome, might be worthwhile to review other bans given to non-MLS members, too. Thanks.
Fire_Storm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fire_Storm »

Will wait for Unreal to chime in.
"Does not work" is an error report for a bug between keyboard and chair.
MLS-ALF

Post by MLS-ALF »

Sounds good. There's console logs and I also name dropped several people who will likely remember nothing because it was an undeserved and unexpected ban. I look forward to whether Unreal says it was an accident or makes stuff up. Otherwise I think I'll uninstall MOHAA at this juncture & join the vast majority of MLS players who haven't returned for one reason or another (usually with your newer admins which has been a past contention). If this is to be my last post I'll say thanks for competing with me Tibud a few years back when Waferz went AWOL, thanks BraveHeart and Quacker for being a champ about my dry humor, thanks Fire Storm for keeping this game alive to relive some old adventures on it and everyone else I've chatted with in game. Good luck!
MLS-ALF

Post by MLS-ALF »

The IP Ban's still in place. It's interesting to ponder all the other random people who've come and gone in the "Were You Banned?" section who've had their bans quickly overturned with little to no explanation at all. I've been playing with MLS for... four-ish years now. I'll go ahead and uninstall tonight if I can't get in... no point riding a dead horse.
Brave_Heart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Brave_Heart »

Hello Alf.
It appears the Ban is as a result of Spawn camping. It seems like you were informed not to do that. It could be unintentional on your part as when a player, even myself, sees an enemy, I just shoot, not realizing that its a spawn point.
Bans like this usually are lifted within/after 24 hours.
See you in my scope sometime today in the game.
Cheers.

PS: it was nice shooting your head off during Desert Road Map yesterday, over and over again :D :D :D
MLS-ALF

Post by MLS-ALF »

Hi BraveHeart,

As stated, the ban came without warning (looked in the console logs) and I know it'll be my word against his (and those people I mentioned won't be asked), and I'll lose... just kind of sick of it. I just removed the game from my computer & maybe I'll come back again in another few months. I get more loyalty punching a rewards card at a local restaurant than I do here. Getting off the dead horse now...

The Desert Road map's fun, you kept getting me but I was stacking kills & took MVP every time. There's a map where there's definitely spawn killing - better tell Unreal to stay out of that one or y'all have nobody left to play with!
Fire_Storm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fire_Storm »

MLS-ALF wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:58 am Hi BraveHeart,

As stated, the ban came without warning (looked in the console logs) and I know it'll be my word against his (and those people I mentioned won't be asked), and I'll lose... just kind of sick of it. I just removed the game from my computer & maybe I'll come back again in another few months. I get more loyalty punching a rewards card at a local restaurant than I do here. Getting off the dead horse now...
That sounds good to me. Good luck and hope you find something
"Does not work" is an error report for a bug between keyboard and chair.

Return to “Were You Banned?”