Name Protection

Ask game related technical questions here
Fire_Storm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name Protection

Post by Fire_Storm »

Hello, As the title implies this post is about name protection. It is highly recommended to get name protection if you do not have it already. Name protection is exactly what it means. It keeps others from using your name in game. Keep in mind this only works for the exact spelling and formatting of the name you use. upper and lower case doesn't matter for example, My name in game right now is <MLS>Sgt.Fire_StorM I am the only 1 who can use. Even <mls>sgt.fire_storm falls under it. To get name protection You will need to send me a private msg either on website, Discord or whatsapp. I will get to you ASAP I will need which version of the game you are running (CD version, GoG version or revival ) Your exact game name and a 10 character unique password or I can create a random password for you. I will then either send you a pk3 file or give you the password itself depending on the version of the game you have.

If you have revival edition you will have to either create a shortcut on desktop to the game or edit the original shortcut. Right click on the shortcut and go to properties. Where it says Target: with the path to your MOHAA.exe" you will put a single space followed by
+set cl_playintro 0 +setu cl_namepass yourpasswordhere

This is the only way I have found for it to work on this version of the game.

If you have CD version or GoG version then the pk3 file you simply put that in your mohaa/main and start/restart game. The instructions above should also work for CD version of GoG version.

Anyway happy fragging
"Does not work" is an error report for a bug between keyboard and chair.
OberSchutze
MLS member
MLS member

Re: Name Protection

Post by OberSchutze »

Danke Fire!
GDC14GTiger
MLS member
MLS member

Post by GDC14GTiger »

I guess i need mine updated? also nice selfie Ober.
Fire_Storm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fire_Storm »

GDC14GTiger wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:52 pm I guess i need mine updated? also nice selfie Ober.
Nope. I have already updated it. I typically do it right after promotions and such. So everyone's is already updated
"Does not work" is an error report for a bug between keyboard and chair.
Quaker
MLS Admin
MLS Admin

Post by Quaker »

GDC14GTiger wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:52 pm I guess i need mine updated? also nice selfie Ober.
LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol:
OberSchutze
MLS member
MLS member

Post by OberSchutze »

OberSchutze wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:34 amDanke Fire!
Danke hahahaha
Last edited by OberSchutze on Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OberSchutze
MLS member
MLS member

Post by OberSchutze »

Danke ahahahaha

Return to “Technical Support”