Next map not always loading on TDM server

Ask game related technical questions here
SniperintheShadows

Next map not always loading on TDM server

Post by SniperintheShadows »

In the past few days there have been a couple of occasions where once the map ends, my screen just sits there showing the final stats for the map that just finished. I can hear an occasional taunt, and see an announcement regarding the server IP, etc., but it doesn't load the next map. This has happened primarily after "The Bridge" and the map that precedes "Destroyed Village" . . . After sitting there for a few minutes, I have to close the game, and then re-launch it. Usually, it takes 2 or 3 attempts to get the next map to load, because I then find myself looking at a screen that says, "Connecting to Server" . . . Sometimes it will load from there, but I often have to repeat the process at least once or twice. By the time it does, there is less than10 minutes left in that map. Any idea what might be causing this?? I don't think I have anything running in the background that would be causing this (anti-virus, etc.) and I am playing wired directly into the router. My ping is typically 48 . . .
Brave_Heart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Next map not always loading on TDM server

Post by Brave_Heart »

Where did you get your game from? If you are using the one from MLS webby you shouldn't be having this issue.
cethin
MLS Admin
MLS Admin

Post by cethin »

The map after The Bridge and the map that precedes Destroyed Village is Algiers. Does it happen on any other map transition?
SniperintheShadows

Post by SniperintheShadows »

The maps I am using I have had for years (and I do mean YEARS . . . like nearly 18-20 probably). During that time, I have added maps and mods, uniforms, etc., many of which when I was a Lt. in the =BRP= clan. I got a new PC several months ago, and everything worked fine up until a few days ago. It hasn't happened again since I posted the message about it though.

*Now I'm trying to get my video card adjusted so it isn't overly dark when I try to play MOHAA. The desktop looks fine, then I launch the game and have to go into the controls to brighten everything up. Never had this problem with my old PC, but I'll figure it out eventually.

Return to “Technical Support”