(FYI) Windows 7 End of life/Support

Ask game related technical questions here
MotherTeresa

Re: (FYI) Windows 7 End of life/Support

Post by MotherTeresa »

Mustard,
just as an FYI, there are three games in the revival download and each has its own unnamedsoldier.cfg file that needs to be configured.

The good news is that 1.)the procedure is the same for all of them. You just need to change the value for the line that contains the seta r_gamma. 2.) You only have two unnamedsoldier.cfg files to change. I have included the paths for all the three folders below. Give it a try and let me know how you make out. I have every confidence that you can do it, however, if it doesn't work out, I would be more than happy to help you remotely. We can do a remote session on TeamViewer and chat on the MLS Discord server.

C:\games\mohaa\main\configs\unnamedsoldier.cfg is for MOAHH
C:\games\mohaa\mainta\configs\unnamedsoldier.cfg is for Spearhead
C:\games\mohaa\maintt\configs\unnamedsoldier.cfg is for breakthrough

OK, I look forward to hearing how you made out.
Mother Teresa
Peace begins with a smile.. Followed by a gentle "click" as you disengage you safety..
mustardgasplyr

Post by mustardgasplyr »

all is good bro........... thanks for the help. i got it all figured out. i still cant control the brightness within the game so i adjusted the video settings on my monitor to compensate for it not working in game......... lets start the killing
MotherTeresa

Post by MotherTeresa »

Mustard, I'm glad all is well. Although there is a part of me that will always wonder WTF? If you ever feel like deep diving into the issue, we can download process monitor, fire it up, replicate the problem, and then I can scour the output logs to see where it breaks.

OK, cool! Look forward to seeing you on the server and hopefully talking to you on Discord
-MT
Peace begins with a smile.. Followed by a gentle "click" as you disengage you safety..