(FYI) Windows 7 End of life/Support

Ask game related technical questions here
MotherTeresa

(FYI) Windows 7 End of life/Support

Post by MotherTeresa »

Windows 7 - End of life On January 14, 2020. Companies running Windows 7 have the option of hemorrhaging $$ for 3 years of extended support.

You can read the official obituary here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows ... nformation
mustardgasplyr

Re: (FYI) Windows 7 End of life/Support

Post by mustardgasplyr »

i just upgraded to windows 10 and when i try to play the game my screen resolution is jacked up. in game is dark and none of the setting can be changed in ingame settings. im stumped. any ideas?
Unreal
MLS Admin
MLS Admin

Post by Unreal »

changes resolution in windows, mine gets full screen with 1280x768
Fire_Storm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fire_Storm »

Try MOHAA Revival edition if you haven't already. Download is available on website downloads section
"Does not work" is an error report for a bug between keyboard and chair.
oldy

Post by oldy »

I have mine running at 2560x1440 natively. You can hand edit the config files to get it to run this way.

Also, make sure you have graphics drivers installed...not just the ones provided by your machine's oem, but by the chip mfr., E.g. AMD, Nvidia, Intel, etc.
mustardgasplyr

Post by mustardgasplyr »

i downloaded moh revival like you said. its in a zip folder on my desktop. where do i extract it to?
MotherTeresa

Post by MotherTeresa »

mustardgasplyr wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:26 pm i downloaded moh revival like you said. its in a zip folder on my desktop. where do i extract it to?
If you download the revival edition using a torrent, it will give you an executable that will auto install upon execution. If you don't have a torrent you can get something like uTorrent.
Peace begins with a smile.. Followed by a gentle "click" as you disengage you safety..
mustardgasplyr

Post by mustardgasplyr »

thanks for the help. ive got the games running but the problem im having is i cant adjust the brightness in game. i go to ingame options and go to the video settings but the brightness option wont work. any thoughts?
MotherTeresa

Post by MotherTeresa »

Mustard, I'm looking to see if there is a way to edit a cfg file to increase the brightness.
(automatic)
Try adjusting the brightness using the game, applying it, then restarting the game to see if it takes. Also, try right clicking on the game shortcut and running as administrator, then adjusting the brightness in the game.

(Manually)
You can edit the unnamedsoldier.cfg file, which is probably going to be found c:\games\mohaa\main\configs

Since I don't know your technical abilities, I'm going to make certain assumptions here and post the directions so that anyone who doesn't know how to do this can follow along. (Not trying to be condescending here)

1st - go to the c:\games\mohaa\main\configs
- You should see a file named unnamedsoldier.cfg
- If the file is just named unnamedsolder then you should show windows file extensions
Windows 7 - https://www.itsupportguides.com/knowled ... xtensions/
Windows 10 - https://www.itsupportguides.com/knowled ... xtensions/

2nd - OK, now that you can see the file extension, make a copy of the unnamedsoldier.cfg and save it wherever you like (just in case)
3rd - right click on the unnamedsoldier.cfg and open it with notepad
4th - scroll down in that file until you see a section that says
//
// Cvars
//
The 6th line will say
seta r_gamma "1.100000"
The value between the quotes is the level of brightness and the ranges are between "1.100000" and "3.000000"
"1.100000" is the default
"1.755482" is having the slide bar set to the middle position
"3.000000" is like looking at the sun

5th - save the file and make sure the file extension doesn't change to .txt
-in other words, you don't want to save the file and see it called unnamedsoldier.cfg.txt

That's it. I seriously hope that works for you and I hope to see you on the server.
Peace begins with a smile.. Followed by a gentle "click" as you disengage you safety..
mustardgasplyr

Post by mustardgasplyr »

thanks for the help bro.. i got so frustrated after all that didnt work i deleted all the moh games from my pc and downloaded the mohaa-revival-v2 and thats all i have on my machine right now.. and again the brightness cant be controlled in game. aa seems to work fine and the brightness is fine but spearhead is dark and breakthrough is very light. the main folder gamma is set at 2.0 something but still daqrk and the brightness cant be changed in the settings...... im not the sharpest knife in the drawer but figured i could do it..... im open to letting someone remote in and check on what im talking about.. more than glad to open teamviewer and giving out my number for a call if anyone is willing to help a brother out..........be back tomorrow