connection timed out

Ask game related technical questions here
Crossman
MLS Admin
MLS Admin

Re: connection timed out

Post by Crossman »

Nasty open command prompt and type tracert 66.23.201.134 and post a picture of what you see like this.
Attachments
tracert.png
tracert.png (41.14 KiB) Viewed 2170 times
cethin
MLS Admin
MLS Admin

Post by cethin »

nastyman3 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:45 am I just tried LAN, ISDN, Cable, and xDSL connections. Nope. What connection should it use? I tried it with and without using the port #s (12203). My firewall (Norton360) shows MOHAA is permitted, but still get the timed out message. WTF????????
Uninstall Norton.
nastyman3
MLS member
MLS member

Post by nastyman3 »

:cry: Disabled Norton, didn't fix the problem. Have a screenshot and am trying to post it here. Not my day for computers..........
nastyman3
MLS member
MLS member

Post by nastyman3 »

Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (20.37 KiB) Viewed 2163 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (20.37 KiB) Viewed 2163 times
Fire_Storm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fire_Storm »

As everyone else has said uninstall norton Its complete trash and make your life miserable. I have looked at the firewall on the server and there nothing blocking your IP.

Im thinking your PC or router is blocking it. If you haven't made any changes to your router recently then I would say your PC is blocking it (norton360)
Make sure UDP is open for port 12203

Doing a traceroute from the server to your IP stops at your router which I half way expected, being most home routers block icmp (ping request) by default. Norton360 is a bugger to fully remove sometimes and may cause legacy issues. Again remove it and let windows security and the NAT on your router handle it for you.

Once you have tried all that and again i say AFTER try downloading the game from website https://mlsclan.com/download/mohaa-revival-v2/

No install needed just unpack the .zip and run the mohaa.exe type in the IP and try.
"Does not work" is an error report for a bug between keyboard and chair.
nastyman3
MLS member
MLS member

Post by nastyman3 »

Thanks Fire_Storm. I will spend another few hours working on it....hope to see you on the battlefield soon!