Removed From Roster

Feel free to post about anything here.
MLS-ALF

Removed From Roster

Post by MLS-ALF »

I'm taking a hiatus from MOHAA, not quitting MOHAA. There might have been some confusion about this because of the bogus ban that I was given (https://www.mlsclan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=871). The console logs and several players I cited can attest to this. Everything else is just made up.

Moreover, I did not leave or quit MLS as I noticed my name has been removed from the roster. OberSchutze DID leave MLS and his name has NOT been removed from the roster. If fact, he was one of MLS' administrators who also had some disagreements I won't go into (and I can get in touch with him for anyone wishing to reconnect). I joined the exact same time as Waferz who has been promoted along side me, but hasn't played since he joined MLS years ago.

Or are we just banning people & removing them from MLS willy-nilly now?

Signed,
ALF
MLS-ALF

Re: Removed From Roster

Post by MLS-ALF »

I started off on a good footing with MLS but I think my higher than usual participation has had an adverse effect. The two points of contention were: 1) The removal of Obershultz who recruited me, and 2) When I asked to be made admin after Oldy was made admin (he joined after me, played a few months then left). There's some kind of clique or inner-circle that I stepped foot on. I don't understand it much myself but I was surprised to log in and find my name removed from the roster without appeal, explanation, messages or votes. Years of loyalty and asking to help... gone.

I spent some time going through the ban appeals, reaching out to some people. There's a pattern of arbitrary decisions without the consult of the team or others. I'm not the person to fix this. I also don't understand why some of the folks who've been offended return under alias' and hack in an attempt to slight others of having fun. Who has that kind of time? All I'm going to do here is express my disappointment in those who act for themselves and retroactively make stuff up to justify their actions (I'm not alone in this sentiment). I wish I could say all of this privately but I don't have access to MLS' private forum section.

Something to ponder - do your contributions as a teammate matter?
Fire_Storm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fire_Storm »

I hate to air out the dirty laundry but since you made it public already. I will address your concerns in a public fashion as well. Yes you where removed from the roster as many of the admins do not see you as a good fit for MLS. Reason being, Your constant breaking the rules of spawn killing repeatedly, then asked to stop by an admin only for you to turn it into a argument in game. Once admin has enough of it and kicks you. You come back only to give more backlash, berate said admin and say you are leaving. That is not the kind of behavior MLS is looking for. Then persistently ask for admin, when denied you nit- pick every little thing. So yes this last time when you said you would be leaving or "taking a break" We simply held the door open for you to assist in your hasty retreat from the clan. We wish you well, and feel free to continue to play on mls servers once your ban is lifted if you can follow the rules.
"Does not work" is an error report for a bug between keyboard and chair.
MLS-ALF

Post by MLS-ALF »

Fire_Storm wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:07 pm I hate to air out the dirty laundry but since you made it public already. I will address your concerns in a public fashion as well. Yes you where removed from the roster as many of the admins do not see you as a good fit for MLS. Reason being, Your constant breaking the rules of spawn killing repeatedly, then asked to stop by an admin only for you to turn it into a argument in game. Once admin has enough of it and kicks you. You come back only to give more backlash, berate said admin and say you are leaving. That is not the kind of behavior MLS is looking for. Then persistently ask for admin, when denied you nit- pick every little thing. So yes this last time when you said you would be leaving or "taking a break" We simply held the door open for you to assist in your hasty retreat from the clan. We wish you well, and feel free to continue to play on mls servers once your ban is lifted if you can follow the rules.
I'll take ownership that I haven't been the best MLS team mate. I did ask on a couple occasions to be an admin because I play a lot and felt I could help police hackers and assist where needed as a former Q3 server operator but I wouldn't describe that as persistent - I generally don't work for free. However, what I'm to say isn't meant to be argumentative or snide:
I had a general question mark above my head when my name was removed from the roster. There was never any formal counseling or reprimand, just the errant accusation made about me spawn killing in game (not true - I wasn't in spawn) that I urged the MLS administrators to look at via console logs and ask those who were there. I have no reason to believe this was the case and found examples of this happening to other players (query "sounds familiar" in the forum search). I also have no reason to believe this because I played two rounds, didn't chat the entire time, didn't receive any prior warnings when I looked at the console logs myself, just a ban then removal from MLS - not an argument (as normally there's an exchange of words so another untrue accusation). When I was banned I wasn't able to reenter. I tried because at first I thought it was some kind of joke. Unfortunately it was not.

I'm not part of the clique and so the dagger(s) came out when I crossed the wrong person for killing them in game. My removal follows that of a doctor, a lawyer, a guy who owns a music studio (my recruiter) and now me a veteran. It's very gracious of you to let me play your military game as a guest. I don't concede my removal from MLS (though I'll remove the tags). I still think I'm MLS. But you and whoever else "we" is evidently doesn't. I'm thankful for the years that I've been able to play with MLS. I think MLS could be great if it empowered its active membership instead of blindly promoting its inactive base and reigned in three individuals (you're not one of them Fire Storm but you're just going with the flow which isn't leading). Good Luck - don't ban too many players or y'all have no one left to play with!

Signed,

<MLS>Ssgt.ALF
US Army Veteran