Question about Lean+strafe bind

Feel free to post about anything here.
FourOneTwo

Question about Lean+strafe bind

Post by FourOneTwo »

Is it considered cheating? Don't want to get banned.
Brave_Heart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Question about Lean+strafe bind

Post by Brave_Heart »

I believe many players do that. As long as it doesnt involve any alteration to original game files to gain any advantage, it is ok.
FourOneTwo

Post by FourOneTwo »

Alright, thanks. It can be done through console in game.

bind a "+moveleft ; +leanleft"
bind d "+moveright ; +leanright"

For anyone wondering what it actually is.
oldy

Post by oldy »

Any reason this is better than just pushing the two buttons at the same time?
FourOneTwo

Post by FourOneTwo »

Easier to poke around corners I suppose. Also has a bit of a down side when targeting something far away and leaning just throws off aim. Mainly just personal preference. I can press E+D no problem but A+Q causes my pinky to drift from left shift and generally makes me feel awkward.
oldy

Post by oldy »

FourOneTwo wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:49 am Easier to poke around corners I suppose. Also has a bit of a down side when targeting something far away and leaning just throws off aim. Mainly just personal preference. I can press E+D no problem but A+Q causes my pinky to drift from left shift and generally makes me feel awkward.
I don't use standard layout anyway...left-handed mouse (only while gaming), and use numpad. I like the row/column arrangement on the numpad much better than wasd.

I use the regular arrow keys with my thumb to strafe, and the rest of the numpad is controlled by the other fingers. Inverted mouse aims/scopes/fires, and middle click weap drops. 8/2 fore/aft, and 4/6 turn left/right. 0 reloads, . melts/opens doors. 7/9 lean, NL toggles walk, 1 jumps, 5 crouches. +/- weap switch.

Thumb + 7/9 on the numpad is easy to do at the same time.

I haven't played around with a keyboard fire button...it might improve accuracy a bit being able to fire with one hand while swiping the mouse with the other...
Quaker
MLS Admin
MLS Admin

Post by Quaker »

Right hand mouse , arrows for movement , all other buttons set arround the arrows didnt even know you could bind two together like that.