<MLS> Halloween Mod

Feel free to post about anything here.
yosef
MLS member
MLS member

Re: <MLS> Halloween Mod

Post by yosef »

What about adding a spy mod with halloween mod players are gonna get confused sometimes and it is gonna be a real challenge :)
ALF

Post by ALF »

What do you mean by spy mod Yosef?

My favorite so far's the blue midget mod. I think it'd be even better without the blue glow - to make you look even harder... maybe even make the mod permanent... it's that awesome.
yosef
MLS member
MLS member

Post by yosef »

ALF wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:13 pm What do you mean by spy mod Yosef?

My favorite so far's the blue midget mod. I think it'd be even better without the blue glow - to make you look even harder... maybe even make the mod permanent... it's that awesome.
a spy mod is like you disguise in the opposite team uniform like allied team player wears axis team random uniform Scuttling the U-529 mission inspired me of this idea i hope it is applicable.
Brave_Heart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Brave_Heart »

Interesting idea. But not practical on tdm.

Lefty, the submarine map.... how hard it is to turn that into obj?
Unreal
MLS Admin
MLS Admin

Post by Unreal »

Last year there was no blue glow. so it was very hard to see the opponent
oldy

Post by oldy »

This is super fun, keep up the good work!

No idea how some players get headshot after headshot on the tiny soldiers. Shotgun has been very effective tho haha. Reminds me of the tiny mushroom on Super Mario Bros Wii.
ALF

Post by ALF »

Sounds like a great idea Yosef for an objective based map where the sides are well definef. This would tie up defensive teams to actually be defensive and guard rather than run off. You still see this a lot though on UWS where most the defense gets frozen by the offensive spawn. The closest I get to fooling anybody is picking up a dropped enemy weapon to fool people but otherwise just makes everyone look anyway.

Where'd you learn to mod Stay 2 the Left? I haven't played with Quake code in over a decade!
stay2theleft
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stay2theleft »

Brave_Heart wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:16 pm
Lefty, the submarine map.... how hard it is to turn that into obj?
I believe we have talked about this in the past but always had the wrong map confused, take a screen shot of the map in mind and shouldn't be problem other then the lag at the beginning of a round. I haven't figured out that part yet, it has to be with the bsp of the single player maps.
Unreal wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:07 am

Last year there was no blue glow. so it was very hard to see the opponent
Changed... 8-)
oldy wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:54 am This is super fun, keep up the good work!

No idea how some players get headshot after headshot on the tiny soldiers. Shotgun has been very effective tho haha. Reminds me of the tiny mushroom on Super Mario Bros Wii.
Thanks, more to come... :mrgreen:
ALF wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:04 pm Sounds like a great idea Yosef for an objective based map where the sides are well definef. This would tie up defensive teams to actually be defensive and guard rather than run off. You still see this a lot though on UWS where most the defense gets frozen by the offensive spawn. The closest I get to fooling anybody is picking up a dropped enemy weapon to fool people but otherwise just makes everyone look anyway.

Where'd you learn to mod Stay 2 the Left? I haven't played with Quake code in over a decade!

The ghost mod is here and it should take care of that, but nice idea.
Dam, i learned from just playing the game and looking how they made the game and was a great fan of TMT, sadly that is gone...
stay2theleft
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stay2theleft »

Brave_Heart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Brave_Heart »

Lefty, there are two maps, m1l3b (grounding the airfield) and m2l2a (naxos prototype).

For the first one, obj could be destroying planes by setting explosives, 2 at both ends, and for the second, setting bomb to the prototype... this one is like v2 but a lot cooler with factory ambience and hammer sounds at the back