If there is one thing...

Feel free to post about anything here.
Brave_Heart
Site Admin
Site Admin

If there is one thing...

Post by Brave_Heart »

If there is one thing about tdm, what is it, what would you change?
ALF

Re: If there is one thing...

Post by ALF »

The Generals. There are too many of them. Generals and Sergeants all seem to have console access and it doesn't make sense. Does anyone actually have military rank? I'm thinking no. Yes, this is a TDM inquiry but nobody plays regularly on the other servers and this is something that's apparent and confusing. Maybe those with console access should have a C device or designation in addition to their rank. There are also MLS players playing under fake names who routinely use console commands so it just adds to the confusion. When someone's mouthing off half the time I just assume it's one of you and let it be. Some new maps would be nice, too. :)
Fire_Storm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fire_Storm »

To answer your question. Not every general sgt rank has "console" access. We have several selected admins to try make coverage of the server 24/7. You can see who is actually an admin on the squad page. As far as admins playing under fake names. Only Level3 admins are allowed to play under a fake name Those admins are Lefty Lite and a few others. Other admins are allowed to spec only with fake name.

As far as being so many generals and such. Its just part of the tenure system. Promotions are done every 6 months and if you have been active and behaved then you get promoted to the next rank.

Other server are played on occasionally. TDM is our "Bread and Butter" so to speak. Sniper/Objective is used nearly nightly and at times has more players then TDM on it.

Hope I cleared up any confusion for you.
"Does not work" is an error report for a bug between keyboard and chair.
ALF

Post by ALF »

I think you answered some questions Fire Storm. Thank you.

Names and ranks are something that have struck me as odd for reasons explained above. I personally have no intent on wielding console control; with so many apt to use it, it's too easy to point fingers at anyone if something goes wrong. I ran several Quake 3 servers back in the early 2000's and jacked around with the settings. I still have many of the files on one of my external drives to play (Padman in particular) whenever an old buddy comes to visit.

Some other ideas (as to not be spamming):
- Increase fog on Crossroads so the Allied forces can't be sniped in spawn.
- Increase gravity on Rocket Facility so you realistically can't jump from the catwalk without dying.
- Add Verschneit to the TDM rotation, keep existing maps in rotation
- Decrease TDM round times by 5-10 minutes
ALF

Post by ALF »

Fire_Storm wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:58 pmAs far as being so many generals and such. Its just part of the tenure system. Promotions are done every 6 months and if you have been active and behaved then you get promoted to the next rank.
Earlier today I was playing and the word "behave" was used synonymously with the word "like". Whereas a perceived annoyance is misbehaving but the same action correctly placed in context of being friendly is liked (such as a same team pistol whip in lieu of a hello). It was in this moment someone, anyone, with console access chimed in about conduct followed by a few laughs from a couple other MLS players on at the moment. The couple take aways from this is that some are friendly but just go about it differently and jumping to the worst conclusion publicly isn't kind to anyone. The other take away is that it's better to be active than rank up absentee. I was surprised to see Iix*JOHNNY*xiI recruited without reference, activity and a couple players suspecting this player of cheating. He's gone but if I'm wrong he'd, under current circumstance, be considered a behaved member. Be it absentee (if we're judging grown people in this very subjective manner).
tibud21
MLS Admin
MLS Admin

Post by tibud21 »

i was on playing since 9.30 am est times. since it was 6 hours i was on i took a break in spec. im 55 cant play has long i used too.
oldy

Post by oldy »

Increase run-speed for pistol...and people running backwards should be slower than forwards. Very annoying when you pull out a pistol, and some guy outruns you with a machine gun while going backwards.

Pistol damage is also extremely weak...like 12 shots to kill someone weak.