Player count. OBJ TDM?

Feel free to post about anything here.
OrWhatever69

Player count. OBJ TDM?

Post by OrWhatever69 »

First suggestion,
Can we get a player count in game added to the bottom L or R corner ? I will change teams when I see its 9vs3. I know ahem others will not. Honestly, It does get annoying when the game is that uneven, especially certain maps. In other instances it can be basically 3 vs 9.(lol) Could an automatic change teams be implemented when it gets plus 3 or 4 players on one team?

Secondly,
I miss playing Objective Death Match. Was wondering if anyone else would agree or has any thoughts about it or whatever. I am aware that the sniper server is objective base. (I've only had the blessing of playing on that server once) If this ever got implemented somehow on a server, I would like you to consider these maps Harbor and Abbey Assualt. Both I have not played, seen them played on YouTube.
Much love,
Orwhatever.
SniperintheShadows

Re: Player count. OBJ TDM?

Post by SniperintheShadows »

Players will typically balance things out on their own. I would hate to see an "automatic change teams" implimented. Not a big fan of the Allie weapons, and I always play Axis.
Brave_Heart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Brave_Heart »

Interesting. Good point about player count display. I often find myself guilty of being in a team of 18 where opposition is just a few.
We do freeze tag obj server. But, with ever so skimming pool of audience, its more logical to arrange a pow wow rather than waiting in the server all alone. I love obj freeze tag personally.
OrWhatever69

Post by OrWhatever69 »

SniperintheShadows wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:55 pm Players will typically balance things out on their own. I would hate to see an "automatic change teams" implimented. Not a big fan of the Allie weapons, and I always play Axis.
I agree and for the most part yes, it stays even. Maybe a force of team would be extreme. However, possibly a cap of +3/+4. Would be better. If that is even possible. A player count would be nice, I will change teams whenever( I do it for the good of the game). And maybe you need to try a new flavor and pick up some allied weapons :o . I find myself in dumb risky situations where I want to grab the other teams gun. IMO, it does work out sometimes well, and can be a big advantage. For those of us that utilize sounds to find enemies. Maybe you could try it and It might help you stay in the shadows ;)
Brave_Heart wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:02 pm Interesting. Good point about player count display. I often find myself guilty of being in a team of 18 where opposition is just a few.
We do freeze tag obj server. But, with ever so skimming pool of audience, its more logical to arrange a pow wow rather than waiting in the server all alone. I love obj freeze tag personally.
Unfortunately it is a slim audience, this is ture. Spread the good word about the best FPS of all time.
If y'all are ever up to it. I'd will be down or whatever. Freeze tag Objective would be better (for our ADHD minds), wasn't aware it was objective based. And check out those maps: Abbey Assault and Harbor. AND CONSIDER ADDING THEM. I need a change up from the same four maps. Then again, maybe I play too much.
Last edited by OrWhatever69 on Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SniperintheShadows

I've been playing MOHAA since it first came out. (At one time I was a Lt. in the =BRP= clan and actually monitored their Sniper server for them using Crowe's Auto Kick). I don't like the Allied weapons, and don't need to "try a new flavor". . . For years I only used the actual sniper rifle. Then someone pointed out the difference between the sniper rifle and the regular rifle in terms of the time lost reloading after each shot with the sniper. That's when I switched to the Axis rifle, and have played nothing else since.

I actually like it when there are more Alled than Axis in a given map. Since I don't run and gun "looking" for kills, the more Allied the merrier.
OrWhatever69

Post by OrWhatever69 »

Nice! I enjoy run and gun on this type of match. Sometimes I don't play that style. I need variety, or I get bored. Ahhh the uniqueness of each gun <3. Why this game is amazing. The KAR originally has less shots, but you can reload after one shot. The M1 Grand has more ammo but you can not reload it w/o emptying the clip. So a faster reload does make sense, for balancing the guns. Thanks for letting me know that! Did MLS server not edit reload speed and recoil on rifles?
I've taken a 19 year hiatus. I started in 03 at 12. Changed to counter strike source, I remember trying to come back and finding that the servers seemed to be dead. Then my graphics card/ computer died.
What's the reload speed difference? I'm getting used to the timing. I hide my gun, However, i noticed I am not as able to do the reload grenade trick anymore.
SniperintheShadows

I meant that my rifle can fire 10 shots in a row as opposed to the sniper rifle needing to load a new shell in between shots.