Re: Player Stats

Post by Brave_Heart »

Can be. why would anyone wants to do that
Crossman
MLS Admin
MLS Admin

Post by Crossman »

Annual stats maybe? Is there a way to save a whole years stats so we could view previous years?
jkillz
MLS Admin
MLS Admin

Post by jkillz »

Brave_Heart wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:11 am Can be. why would anyone wants to do that
i was asking if they do or not because i couldnt find my old stats
unless it was merged already
Brave_Heart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Brave_Heart »

Updated: December 28, 2022
SniperintheShadows

Post by SniperintheShadows »

Brave_Heart wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:11 am Can be. why would anyone wants to do that
Not sure if you are aware oif this, but there are numerous players who have rather stellar stats even though they haven't played very many games. For instance, if you click on the "Awards" tab, and then click on "Efficiency" you will see that the top 5 players in this category have played a total of 269 games. "Wish" having played the fewest (33 games) has a kill/death score of 481-99 with a MG. (Okay, sure . . .)

"Sergio" (wtih 58 games played) is 596-168 and ranked second overall. Pilot with 62-17 (53 games played) leads the way.

My point is . . . this particular stat might actually be indicative of hackers who have come and gone over the years; jacking up their scores while terrorizing legitimate players. Of course, they might also just be skilled players.

Perhaps this category should have some sort of minimum threshold . . . whether that be 100 games played, or 200, etc. I currently rank 7th in this particular category. However, I am approaching 1,000 games played.

Just wanted to bring that to your attention . . .
cethin
MLS Admin
MLS Admin

Post by cethin »

We've thought about this exact issue before Sniper. I think having a minimum amount of maps played before making it on to the list would be a good addition for the reasons you mentioned and more. Stats from hackers do get purged on occasion and removed from the list entirely. I believe this also impacts anyone who suffered from a hacker attack by removing those deaths...not 100% sure though.

Also, Wish has a record of 735-249 (~2.95 K/D) in 33 maps played which gives an average kills per game around 22. His individual weapon score on the MG is 481-99, meaning he's killed 481 people with a MG and died 99 times from a MG, it does not mean he has a ~4.85 K/D, it's just a ratio of weapon kills to weapon deaths. I have ~4.46 ratio on the MG myself (2904/651).

Another example would be a player named "nazi" who currently has the "Best Killer with SMG" award with 1061 kills and 32 deaths (~33.2 ratio) in 51 games (~18 SMG kills/game). Barely anyone uses the SMG on this server so it's not often to be killed by one.
Brave_Heart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Brave_Heart »

Ceth, I will take that one away, Further to be discussed in Admin discord.
SITS. how nice of you to look into it. There is a glitch where i am unable to weed out some one-time hacker, but have been doing it manually. This is why we encourage all players to please report hackers here so they can be removed. Trust me, we are working diligently to fine tune what we have. This may sounds easy but its not. but with time, all will be sorted for stats.
I apologize for that issue.
btw. SITS your stats were better with MLS tags :P. Just saying.